New OSM-PH Garmin routable map available here
We are pleased to announce the new release (20090713) of the OSM-PH Garmin GPS Map. This release is an important milestone for the OSM-PH Garmin GPS Map project.
This the first release who graduated from our new release cycle. The general release cycle is every two months (1 month for pre-release testing and 1 month for the regular release). Thanks to all those who tested and provided feedback.
What’s new in this release
– data as of 20090713, thanks to all the 240 contributors
– 39,800++ kilometers of roads
– new mapsource installer and uninstaller
– cutting the map into several smaller imgs
– temporarily removed administrative level boundaries to avoid confusion from roads
– a lot more POIs (i. e. traffic lights, toll booths, etc.)
– more polygons (landuse, building outline)
– new towns/cities mapped
– fixed reported routing problems
– compiled with mkgmap version 1085
Before installing the new maps, please remove the previous OSM-PH Garmin GPS Map following the instructions here: http://esambale.wikispaces.com/remove_mapsource_mapset
To download the maps, go here:
Other experimental GPS maps are also available:
As usual for data problems, go fix it at:
For bug reports, post a message either at the wiki discussions page:
Or via our svn/trac site:
You need to login first, use this generic account.
username: osmphgps AT gmail DOT com
Most users dislike the “magenta route line under the road” feature for good reasons, so I reverted back to “route line above road”. Please download the fixed map. Thanks to totor for the fix.