Some prospective foreign tourist is scouting for good resorts around Zambales. While there are a lot of beaches and possible destinations, our traveller found out that most resorts don’t have any decent instructions on how to get there.
So here’s my tip, use openstreemap.
An image map to a webpage
1. Simply browse the map, check if your resort is there. Zoom in to the approximate area of your resort.
2. Select the export tab.
3. In the “Format to Export”, select either “mapnik” or “osmarender image”. Choose an image format.
4. The image map will be downloaded and you can now add them to your “contact” / “where” page.
Slippy map ala googlemap
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
2. In the format to export, select “Embeddable HTML”.
3. You can also add a marker as an option.
4. An HTML code will be provided similar to this:
<small><a href="http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=12.1&lon=123.01&zoom=5&layers=B000FTFTT&mlat=14.60921&mlon=121.14232">View Larger Map</a></small>
5. Paste the HTML code to your “contact” / “where” page.